View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Ok, unfortunately there is still a problem, and this one is much harder to fix. The problem is that when Merge is started with "Cleartype" on in Windows, the right table image cannot be read properly, and most tables will show up with only 5 players. However, it can be fixed manually with a simple process before your session:

1) Turn off Cleartype. The easiest way is to click on the Windows start menu, and type "Cleartype" in the search box. Then click "Adjust Cleartype Text", and turn it off
2) Run Merge
3) Turn Cleartype back on

Now TST will scan properly, until you close or restart Merge, then you will need to repeat this process. If you don't use Cleartype already, then you should not have to do anything.

I'm gonna be working more on it tomorrow, especially the bug where it might still try to choose the old font when on Aero. But regarding this cleartype issue (where it will only read 5 players if you start merge with cleartype on), it is extremely difficult to read cleartype fonts, and it's very adjustable, so even if it worked for one person it might not work for others. From what I have heard the lack of a playerlist and only showing 5 players in the list is Merge's #1 complaint and they are already working on fixing it to have a standard playerlist in the lobby. So I don't know if it's worth the huge time investment it would take to do it, I think people who want to play on merge might just have to get used to turning off/on cleartype before a session for a week or two or whenever they get their next update out