TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Support

Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Ok, unfortunately there is still a problem, and this one is much harder to fix. The problem is that when Merge is started with "Cleartype" on in Windows, the right table image cannot be read properly, and most tables will show up with only 5 players. However, it can be fixed manually with a simple process before your session:

1) Turn off Cleartype. The easiest way is to click on the Windows start menu, and type "Cleartype" in the search box. Then click "Adjust Cleartype Text", and turn it off
2) Run Merge
3) Turn Cleartype back on

Now TST will scan properly, until you close or restart Merge, then you will need to repeat this process. If you don't use Cleartype already, then you should not have to do anything.

I'm gonna be working more on it tomorrow, especially the bug where it might still try to choose the old font when on Aero. But regarding this cleartype issue (where it will only read 5 players if you start merge with cleartype on), it is extremely difficult to read cleartype fonts, and it's very adjustable, so even if it worked for one person it might not work for others. From what I have heard the lack of a playerlist and only showing 5 players in the list is Merge's #1 complaint and they are already working on fixing it to have a standard playerlist in the lobby. So I don't know if it's worth the huge time investment it would take to do it, I think people who want to play on merge might just have to get used to turning off/on cleartype before a session for a week or two or whenever they get their next update out
Old 06-08-2012, 10:26 AM

I was not able to get the cleartype workaround to scan properly. I disabled cleartype, but tablescan did not actually open each individual table in the lobby to read the small table image for player names, it just quickly scanned through each table.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:52 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Ok, I have fixed one of the bugs that was happening, when TST would choose the wrong OCR to use, that is probably the problem you were having alex, try this build:

[removed]
Old 06-08-2012, 11:06 AM

The build you linked opens each table's dropdown menu and views the small table image, but no scan results appear within tablescan. I received this error message:

Merge Network Scan aborted: Could not detect Tables!!
Please contact [email protected]
Old 06-08-2012, 11:10 AM

Could you add me on AIM/MSN/ICQ/Skype and show me on teamviewer, please?

AIM: ZandryTST
MSN: [email protected]
Old 06-09-2012, 05:50 PM

Here is the latest build for merge:

http://www.tablescanturbo.com/files/...RC4-b15-10.exe (Updated from next post)

It should work well on any windows themes now. If it's having any difficulty reading the table image on the right, it will show you too many players at each table. In this case, you should try to toggle your ClearType settings in Windows. Also please note that some of the "player colors" that show up in the merge tables image can cause misreads as well.

Also, I fixed an issue in previous builds where TST would not correctly autocomplete playernames ending in ... from the database if you were using PT3/4. So if you're using either of those it should work a lot better now
Old 06-09-2012, 07:16 PM

Here's another build:

http://www.tablescanturbo.com/files/...RC4-b15-10.exe

In this build, I have made it so that if it is not reading from the table image correctly, it shouldn't add any extra incorrect playernames to the list, it should instead just show 5 players at each table
Old 06-10-2012, 12:48 PM

is the 5 player bug fixed in any release?? (without turning off the ClearType)
Old 06-10-2012, 03:43 PM

Unfortunately no That's almost impossible to fix. I have heard that they (merge) are already working on bringing the full playerlist back so it should be better in the near future but at the moment the only workaround is to do it without cleartype
Old 06-12-2012, 12:25 PM

You know where or to whom we can send our complaints about that limited player list? I think that we will need some pressure if we want a change in the software....

Thanks master!