TableScan Turbo Forums  

Go Back   TableScan Turbo Forums > Bugs

Old 10-08-2014, 05:03 AM

Default Unhandled exception thrown from HUD

I clicked on the HUD and I think there was a simultaneous change of window focus by PS. An unhandled exception message box came up - sorry I didn't capture the details as I was concentrating on playing. TS Turbo died.

Evidently TST was scanning at the time too, as following on from the crash, my system's ClearType fonts were left turned off and restarting TST, scanning, closing etc. did not reset the ClearType setting. So there's some problem with the toggle there. I had to go to Control Panel to get my system back to normal.

At the minimum you need to incorporate a catch-all exception handler that resets the fonts, as less experienced computer users won't understand why their computer's text has suddenly gone spidery and they may not know how to resolve this.

I'm running Windows 8 on a Dell Inspiron laptop.

Last edited by SteveCut; 10-08-2014 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Added system details
Old 10-13-2014, 02:20 PM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Thanks, sorry about that, what sites are you scanning? If you scan on PokerStars or 888 you can use the No-OCR method at Configure > Settings > Sites, and it won't disable your cleartype at all
Old 10-14-2014, 02:04 AM

I was scanning Stars. It's only happened the once so it must be something quite obscure, so I'll continue using the default. If it happens to anyone else hopefully they'll find this thread and add to it.

Edit: Is the no-OCR method actually preferable for Stars? If so, I'll switch.

2nd edit: Good news. I got the error again, and this time captured the error message (attached). The error occurred when I right clicked for the context menu, and it may have been for a player who had just left the table but I was trying to score him before the table was re-scanned. So maybe the re-scan had occurred and I was trying to access the context for a player that was no longer there?

BTW, I'd already switched to non-OCR, and was scanning Stars. All other details as before.
Attached Images
File Type: png tst_exception.png (11.3 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by SteveCut; 10-14-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:05 AM
TableScan Turbo Developer

Send a message via ICQ to Zandry Send a message via AIM to Zandry Send a message via MSN to Zandry Send a message via Skype™ to Zandry

Thanks, yes the No-OCR method is actually a little better, also if it happens again next time please click the "Details" button and copy/paste that to me as well